SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

If You Like Pina Coladas....

So the last few days have been rainy, hot, and humid in my city. The heat and humidity inspired my boyfriend and I to make some refreshing pina coladas and mai tais. We tried a recipe from Paula Dean which I have posted below (will my own alterations in parenthesis and colored). The drinks were amazing and it was a recipe I would definitely try again.

Ingredients:
Ice cubes
1/2 cup rum
1/2 cup coconut cream
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup pineapple chunks (I don't really like to taste alcohol in my cocktails so I would suggest decreasing the amount of rum or adding more pineapple chunks (which is what I did))
Sliced pineapple, for garnish, optional
Maraschino cherry, for garnish, optional

 Directions:
Fill blender halfway with ice cubes. Add rum, coconut cream, cocnut milk, and pineapple chunks. Puree. Serve, garnished with a slice of pineapple and a maraschino cherry, if desired.

Negatives: The one down side of the recipe is that the pina coladas settle after a while but if you give them a quick stir, the drink goes back to normal consistency. If you find the coconut cream hard to find at your local grocery store, try looking in the baking aisle or in the alcohol aisle.

Positives: By using the recipe instead of the pre-made mixes found at the store, you save your body from the artifical additives and preservatives found in many of the mixes.

Enjoy! What are ya'lls favorite cocktails?

Haylee :)

PS Check out my Beauty Giveaway!




 

 

Post a Comment