So I have been wanting the Urban Decay NAKED and NAKED 2 palette for sometime now. Since I asked for them for Xmas, I have not bought them myself. However, since I could not resist the lure of such great makeup, I caved and bought the NAKED Basics yesterday at my local Ulta and I LOVE IT!!!! I am positive I will use this palette everyday. It has 6 great matte shades (ok, a bit of a lie Venus has a bit of shimmer to it) that work on all skin tones and all ages. I love the fact that this palette is matte since a lot of older women can use this palette without looking silly/calling attention to their wrinkles. It's the mommy/daughter palette. I walked into Ulta to check the palette out initially because I was scared that the lighter shades would not work well on tan/olive and darker skin tones. Some light colors can look chalky against a dark background. However, I was excited to realize this was not the case with this palette. Luckily, there was also a consultant on hand from Urban Decay, to help me figure out how to blend the lighter colors so they look good on darker skin. The colors are highly pigmented which I am a fan of especially because I have darker skin. The case feels like rubber to me, but it seems very durable and the palette is very travel-friendly. I could easily fit it in a clutch for a holiday party or my jeans pocket since it is the same size as an iPhone or Blackberry.
Description of colors
Venus-pale skin tone color with a bit of shimmer. It looks practically the same as Foxy except it has shimmer.
Foxy-pale skintone like Venus without the shimmer (matte). It also looks less pink.
W.O.S-Pale skin tone shade, matte, more pink undertones than the two previous colors
Naked 2-Pale brown/taupe-y matte
Faint- light milk chocolate matte
Crave-dark brown matte, almost black. It's like looking into a cup of coffee without cream.
1) For darker skinned girls apply WOS across the lid and follow up towards the brow bone. For lighter skinned girls use Foxy.
2) Take Naked 2 and apply it all over the lid.
3) Take Faint and blend it into the crease and the outer edge of the lid. You can also add a bit under the lower lashes if you are feeling adventurous.
4) Repeat the above step with Crave for a really well defined eye.
5) Add a dab of Venus to the middle of the top lid and into the inner rim of your eye to brighten it up a bit. Again if you are feeling adventurous, you can add some below you eyelashes starting from the point of the arch and out towards your ear. This will give you a luminous glow and highlight your face.
Enjoy! If my step-by-step guide is unclear feel free to comment! (or if you have anything else you'd like to know about.
XOXO, Haylee :)
PS Check out our Current Giveaways page for our latest giveaways!