I'm excited to say that we were nominated for a Liebster Award by Margo at CityGirl! Haylee Ann and I are soo exicted! Also, Margo is currently doing a 200 post giveaway of eos Alice in Wonderland lip balms! Congrats on hitting 200 posts, Margo, and you guys should enter her awesome giveaway! :)
Here are the answers to the questions:
- Most of my cooking is baking/making desserts. Most of my baking/making desserts involves chocolate.
- I enjoy crocheting and am currently making a sweater.
- I wear a size 5 and a half in shoes.
- My least favorite fruit is papaya. My mother fed it too much to me as a child.
- I own a pair of socks that have the periodic table on them. My roommate is majoring in Math and has a minor in Chemistry, and so she got us matching pairs for Valentine's Day one year. Yes, I know...we're really cool....
- Out of the two of us, Anna and Haylee, I am the oldest.
- I almost failed kindergarden because I did not know my right hand from my left hand. I'm pretty sure I still don't...
- I hate scary movies. It doesn't help when your sister decides to scare you by hiding in the bathroom at night dressed up as the girl from The Ring.
- I grew up in a small town but I am pretty much a California girl that dresses like I belong in New York City or Boston College or J. Crew Magazine.
- I listen to AOL Radio's Nature Sounds Radio all the time because I like hearing the sound of the rain and the ocean.
Anna: I would pick Singapore. I like it because it's tropical but still very modern.
Haylee: I would love to live in Spain. The culture is amazing and Madrid is my favorite city. I love everything about it, the food, the people, the language, etc.
2. Pick one makeup brand that you would gladly wear the rest of your life. Why do you love it?
Anna: Ohhhh this is hard... MAC. They have such a wonderful range of lipsticks that have great staying power. I also love their range of eyeshadows. I also love the lipglasses. I guess I love everything!
Haylee: MAC, their products are always perfect and make me look flawless. They also have the perfect amount of pigment for darker skin tones. Plus they have very diverse looks so I can go from natural to sexy in a heartbeat. My second favorite would be Urban Decay.
3. What character of a novel or movie do you really relate to?
Anna: Bella in Twilight! I always have hot werewolfs and vampires chasing after me. No, just kidding!
Haylee: Maybe Mandy Moore's character in A Walk to Remember. I was the nerdy, anti-social girl when I was in school. Like Landon, my boyfriend is the last guy anyone would have guessed I would eventually date...but he's a sweetheart. :)
4. Facebook or Twitter?
Anna:Facebook; I've never understood the appeal of Twitter. If someone wants to explain it to me, I'm all ears!
Haylee: Facebook...Twitter is just lame. I don't want to know what people are constantly doing or thinking all the time.
5. Riddle me this. You move to a new town and it's time to get your hair cut. The town only has two hairstylists. You go to the first one; her hair is cut horrendously, it's messy, sloppy, uneven and basically looks like a weed-whacker hit it. You drive to the second stylist. Her hair is clean, neat, cut perfectly and looks like a million bucks. Which stylist do you go to and why?
Anna:I go to the second one. Maybe the first one likes her hair looking like a weed-whacker hit, but I don't, so I'd pick the other one.
Haylee: The weed-whacker. I love getting crazy haircuts and rocking them. I think it takes a confident girl to rock a very different haircut. For comparison, right now I'm wearing Victoria Beckham's very popular inverted bob look. I get very different opinions from the people I know. Either you love it or you hate it...but what matters to me is how I feel about it and really that's all that counts.
Dana Nani George of BlakGirlMakeup
Cindy of A Girl's Guide to Makeup
Christine of Lollipops n Lipsticks
Helene of KulchicBeauty
Lauren Elizabeth of Living Lovely
The rules of the award are listed here. I did 5 facts since Margo had 5 questions for me. Your questions are:
1. What's one beauty product you couldn't live without?
2. What's one talent you wish you had and why?
3. Name one place in the world you want to travel to (that you haven't visited) and why.
4. What's your favorite celebrity haircut?
5. What's a trend that you think is sooo overrated?
I look forward to seeing the nominee's answers if you choose to do this! Reminder: the Stila Post Holiday/New Year's Giveaway ends in 3 days!!! Have a good week everyone!