SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, October 4, 2013

Recipe: Baked Zucchini and Squash

So it has been quite a long time since I have posted any recipes on this blog. I have just been in a cooking funk and have been ordering mostly take out or eating frozen food options. However, with my recent health issues, I've been trying to eat healthier. After I went to a pot luck dinner at my boss's home, I started craving zucchini since someone had grilled some zucchini as a side for the burgers being served. The craving served as an inspiration for this recipe.


Ingredients:
1 zuccini
1 squash
Paprika
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Olive Oil
Baking tray covered with aluminum foil

Preparation:
Cut the zucchini into thirds or fourths. Then slice lengthwise to make each third/fourth a half. Repeat with the squash. Pour out about a half a cup of olive oil into a small mixing bowl or dish. Then add 1-1.5 tablespoons each of paprika, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix everything. Then dip each slice into the olive oil mix to coat it and place it on the baking tray. At the end, if there is remaining oil, drizzle the rest over all the zucchini/squash halves if desired. Bake in the oven at 450 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until brown. 
Serving Size: 1 generous portion or 2 sides

As my French roommate would say: Bon appetit!
XOXO,
Signature Fonts

Post a Comment