Friday, November 21, 2014

The Perfect Hot Chocolate


Now that the winter season is upon us, I wanted to share my recipe for the perfect hot chocolate. This is great for those cold nights alone or for a hot chocolate bar at a holiday party. I had a friend comment on how this hot chocolate "looked like something you would pay $3 at some fancy cafe." I consider that a win. I know that when I was a kid, I always felt like I was kinda missing out on a "special drink" at holiday parties. All the adults would be drinking alcoholic drinks and the kids didn't have much variety beyond juice. Not only is hot chocolate a festive and exciting alternative, creating a make-it-yourself hot chocolate bar will also entertain the young ones.

Here is what I used:

1 packet of Starbucks hot chocolate per cup (This makes a large cup in my opinion and can be shared)
1 cup of milk per packet of Starbucks hot chocolate 
1 can of whipped cream
1 packet of marshmallows
cinnamon
peppermint sticks
sprinkles

How to Make It:

Heat the milk in the microwave until hot. Then add the hot chocolate mix. Stir. Get crazy with the toppings!

I am working on my own special recipe for the hot chocolate and will post it as soon as it is ready. Until then you guys can enjoy this one. 

Disqus for MakeupandMasala